|List By Date|
|Health Care and Entitlements|
For assistance with
interviews with CCH
CompleteTax Ready to Maximize Taxpayer's 2009 Refunds
There’s Still Time to Make Charitable Contributions and Boost Deductions with New CompleteTax Charity Donations Tool
(RIVERWOODS, ILL., December 18, 2009) – Starting today, taxpayers can use CompleteTax® online tax preparation to easily prepare 2009 taxes, file returns and maximize refunds. Now in its 11th tax season, CompleteTax has added even more features to make it even easier for taxpayers to prepare and e-file their state and federal income tax returns.
“For everyone who wants to maximize their tax refund, CompleteTax is the smart, simple solution,” said Gary Lundberg, CompleteTax product management director. “Customers know they have access to the right tools and expertise they need at a price they can afford – from our new free version to solutions for those people who itemize, as well as investors and small business owners.”
The Right Solution, Easy to Use with Expertise Built In
- Custom tailored. With four versions to choose from, there is now a CompleteTax option for every taxpayer – from CompleteTax Free, free online tax preparation for the first-time filer, those claiming the Earned Income Tax Credit or others who want to accurately prepare their 1040EZ tax return and get the biggest refund; to CompleteTax Premium, for the small business entrepreneur who has self-employment or S Corporation income. These join CompleteTax Basic, making the most of itemized deductions and credits; and CompleteTax Deluxe, for investors and homeowners.
- Easier than ever. CompleteTax guides customers through a straightforward interview process using easy-to-understand language. Customers don’t have to worry about complicated tax jargon; they just answer simple questions with CompleteTax handling the heavy lifting.
- Expert guidance. From same-page help to searchable FAQs and live chat, customers can quickly get answers the way they want and when they want them. CompleteTax is developed by CCH, the leading provider of tax and accounting software and information relied on by CPAs and tax professionals. As a result, CompleteTax customers have 95 years of tax expertise working for them to make sure they’re getting their taxes done right and maximizing their refund.
- Audit support. CompleteTax customers have assurance that in the event of an audit, they have direct professional audit assistance from a trained CPA to handle all required forms and communications to the IRS. Customers can choose from one and three years of AuditPro audit assistance coverage.
Results Driven to Maximize Refunds
- Maximized charitable deductions. Through a partnership with CharityDeductions.com, CompleteTax customers can start today to further maximize their refund by accurately valuating their non-cash charitable donations, such as clothing donations, electronics and sporting goods donations. Making charitable donations in December means customers can claim the charitable deductions on their 2009 taxes rather than waiting another year.
- Refund meter. Customers can keep track of their refund as they go through their return, helping them realize how different credits and deductions can reduce their taxes and increase their refund.
- Automatic error checking. CompleteTax automatically checks for mistakes and oversights to help customers identify credits and deductions that can increase their refunds.
- E-file verification and direct deposit for fastest refund. With a click of the mouse, CompleteTax customers can keep track the status of their e-filed return. Customers who file online and choose direct deposit can make sure their refund is working for them as fast as possible, in as little as a few days.
- Split refund options can mean more tax savings. CompleteTax pioneered the split refund option among consumer online tax filing programs. Customers can use this to split their refund and have it deposited in up to three accounts. In addition to checking, saving and brokerage accounts, this can include an IRA account, allowing them to take advantage of additional tax breaks for 2009 or 2010.
Pricing and AvailabilityPricing for CompleteTax online tax preparation solutions start at free for simple 1040EZ federal tax returns. Customers with 1040 federal tax returns can choose from options starting at $14.95. CompleteTax state tax returns are $24.95. CompleteTax is available now at www.completetax.com. Electronic filing will be available beginning January 15, 2010, the first day the IRS accepts e-filed returns for tax year 2009.
CompleteTax, an online tax preparation and e-filing service for the do-it-yourself taxpayer, is the smart, simple solution for people who want to get their taxes done quickly, easily and accurately and maximize their tax refund. CompleteTax offers comprehensive resources for preparing and e-filing both federal and state income tax returns. CompleteTax is developed by CCH, a Wolters Kluwer business (CCHGroup.com), a leading provider of tax, accounting and audit information, software and services. Wolters Kluwer is a leading global information services and publishing company (www.wolterskluwer.com).
-- ### --
EDITORS’ NOTE: Members of the media interested in accessing CompleteTax for review should contact Mary Jung at 773-429-0940, firstname.lastname@example.org; or Leslie Bonacum at 847-267-7153, email@example.com.