|List By Date|
|Health Care and Entitlements|
For assistance with
interviews with CCH
CCH 2006 User Conference Agenda Announced
Forum Creates Unique Learning, Networking Opportunity for Professionals Who Want to Build Strategic Business Advantage
(RIVERWOODS, ILL., June 19, 2006) – Tax and accounting professionals attending the 2006 CCH User Conference will learn from industry leaders and peers about best practices, tools and trends that will strengthen their business through focused educational sessions and networking opportunities in Boca Raton, Fla., October 29 – November 1, 2006 (CCHUserConference.com).
The 2006 User Conference agenda announced today by CCH, a Wolters Kluwer business, features: keynote speeches from today’s thought leaders on professional, technological and generational issues; a range of CPE-accredited educational opportunities; insights on best practices; and information on the latest tools and trends.
“Even over the course of a year’s time, busy professionals would be challenged to match the learning and networking opportunities that this world-class event offers them in just a few days, at a single location,” said CCH CEO and President Kevin Robert. “The conference truly provides an unmatched opportunity for professionals to learn about a wide range of issues important to them, while connecting with their peers and other leaders in the profession.”
The Conference to be held at the Boca Raton Resort and Club is built around the issues, trends and technologies that are critical to tax and accounting professionals to help them strengthen their performance and grow their business. Professionals attending the event will learn how to further deepen client relationships; make smarter and more strategic investments in technology; apply best practices used by leading practitioners from firms of all sizes; and best leverage the industry’s most advanced tax and accounting software and services.
“Our customers count on us to deliver best-of-breed products and services that will give them a strategic business advantage. This Conference is another way CCH delivers on that commitment,” said Robert.
Keynote Speakers Cover Hot Topics
Keynote speakers at the CCH User Conference will provide a range of insight and experience on a series of timely topics. Speakers include:
- AICPA Chair, Leslie A. Murphy, CPA. Murphy is a Group Managing Partner at Michigan-based Plante & Moran, PLLC, chosen by Fortune magazine as one of the “100 Best Places To Work” for the past eight years. She is one of the highest-ranking women in public accounting in the country. She was named one of the Top 100 Most Influential Practitioners for 2005 by CPA Magazine, one of the Top 100 Most Influential People for 2005 by Accounting Today, named to the list of Who’s Who for 2005 by Crain’s Detroit Business and honored by Business Finance Magazine as one of 2006 Influencers – 50 Worth Watching.
- Bruce Tulgan, Founder, Rainmaker Thinking. Tulgan is an internationally recognized leading expert on young people in the workplace and an advisor to business leaders all over the world.
- Microsoft Corporation’s Keith White, General Manager for Information Worker Marketing in the United States. White is responsible for all marketing and partner activities for Microsoft’s business productivity applications and servers, including Microsoft® Office and its tools such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- CCH President and CEO Kevin Robert, recognized as one of Accounting Today’s Top 100 Most Influential People in the tax and accounting industry. Robert has been instrumental in the continued integration of CCH’s software and information services, delivering customized solutions that are seamlessly woven into customer work processes.
- CCH Executive Vice President of Global Sales and Marketing Mike Sabbatis, also one of Accounting Today’s Top 100 Most Influential People in tax and accounting. Sabbatis led the creation of CCH’s customer-focused sales and marketing organizations aligned with the specific needs of tax and accounting professionals and is responsible for CCH sales and marketing operations in the United States, Canada and Asia Pacific.
Practical Sessions Provide Information and Insight Professionals Can Use
The CPE-accredited classes and workshops are organized on five tracks to help attendees derive the maximum benefit from this comprehensive educational event. The tracks include: Tax; Accounting & Audit; Technology; Firm Management; and General Topics. Attendees can choose classes and workshops from different tracks to create the curriculum best suited to their needs.
Tax offers sessions on:
- 2006 tax law changes;
- Federal and state tax research best practices, resources and productivity and workflow tools; and how to benefit from the integration of tax research and tax preparation software;
- Reviewing returns in a paperless environment;
- Advanced partnership tax return preparation;
- Best practices in outsourcing;
- Gaining a competitive advantage from electronic filing;
- Implementing the ProSystem fx Tax Worksheet View; and more.
Accounting & Audit covers:
- Current and future regulations;
- Strategic advantages of XBRL;
- Benefits of Microsoft® Office 2007 and Microsoft® Vista
- Revisiting ethics;
- Ins and outs of data extraction and risk assessment;
- How to simplify the complex with Accounting Research Manager;
- Maximizing your use of ProSystem fx Engagement; and more.
Technology offers sessions on:
- Strategic technology planning;
- Changes in the tech industry;
- Network security and remote access;
- Scanning applications, workflow and techniques;
- Optimizing ProSystem fx Engagement and Document;
- Scanning technologies; and more.
Firm Management covers the important topics of:
- Management by design;
- Strategic marketing and new business development;
- Today’s workforce landscape;
- Strategic mismanagement; and more.
General Topics help attendees understand:
- How to work effectively in Excel;
- How to maximize use of ProSystem fx Practice Management;
- How to use Adobe® Acrobat to streamline your paperless environment; and more.
Attendees can also choose from among different session formats. On each track, CCH will offer lectures and workshops, as well as interactive roundtable discussions where participants can talk to their peers at similar-sized firms. Panel discussions top off the programming as industry experts join with CCH executives, directors and product managers to discuss the latest trends, technologies and best practices.
For a complete conference schedule and list of classes and workshops, please visit CCHUserConference.com.
A Community of Customers
Throughout the conference, attendees will be part of a community of hundreds of CCH customers with the opportunity to learn about best practices that have led to success. They also will have ample opportunities to speak with CCH executives, senior product management and development teams regarding new products and product enhancements.
“The conference is the ideal forum for customers to tell us directly about the challenges they face and how CCH can partner with them to help them overcome those hurdles,” said Robert. “We will listen closely to what our customers need, and work those needs into our plans as we enhance and build the next wave of CCH products. We take our responsibility of being a strategic partner to our customers very seriously.”
2006 Conference Builds on Success of Inaugural Event
CCH’s first ever User Conference in 2005 proved to be a great success, with over 500 attendees, guests, strategic partners and CCH representatives attending at the Westin Kierland Resort and Spa in Scottsdale, Ariz. Overwhelmingly, attendees gave the event high marks, and said they would attend the 2006 forum, with many bringing additional members of their firm with them.
For More Information
The 2006 CCH User Conference will be held October 29 – November 1 at the Boca Raton Resort and Club in Boca Raton, Fla. For more information, please visit CCHUserConference.com or call 1-800-739-9998, then select option 1, followed by option 1.
About CCH, a Wolters Kluwer business
CCH, a Wolters Kluwer business (CCHGroup.com) is a leading provider of tax and accounting law information, software and services. It has served tax, accounting and business professionals and their clients since 1913. Among its market-leading products are The ProSystem fx® Office, CCH® Tax Research NetWork™, Accounting Research Manager® and the U.S. Master Tax Guide®. CCH is based in Riverwoods, Ill. Wolters Kluwer is a leading multinational publisher and information services company. For more information, see www.wolterskluwer.com.
-- ### --