|List By Date|
|Health Care and Entitlements|
Academic Libraries Added to CCH Tax and Accounting’s Accounting Research Manager
(RIVERWOODS, ILL., September 7, 2004) – Accounting classes now can access CCH Tax and Accounting’s Accounting Research Manager (ARM) – the premier research database of accounting, auditing, SEC and governmental authoritative literature and interpretive guidance. CCH Tax and Accounting is a leading provider of tax and accounting information, software and services (tax.cchgroup.com).
"The Accounting Research Manager brings together precisely the resources that professionals reach for first – authoritative literature from standard setters and the insightful interpretations from our experts and the popular Miller Series," said Cynthia Arias, product manager. "That makes it the perfect tool to educate students on how to conduct financial reporting research."
Accounting professors can choose from two product versions of the Accounting Research Manager to use in their curriculum – the Academic Audit Public Library and the Academic Standard Library. The Academic Audit Public Library offers accounting, auditing and SEC material and guidance. The Academic Standard Library offers the same materials without the auditing content.
Accounting and SEC
This is a "window to the literature" providing summaries of all significant accounting matters by financial statement caption, prevalent financial reporting topic, or an industry that is subject to specialized accounting. Each topical section links to specific paragraphs of all related authoritative and interpretive literature from the SEC, AICPA, IASB and Accounting Research Manager.
The Accounting Research Manager includes U.S. and international authoritative and proposal-stage literature plus interpretive guidance on:
- AICPA (American Institute of Certified Public Accountants) - Statements of Position, Audit and Accounting Guides, Practice Bulletins, Accounting Interpretations, Issues Papers and related proposal-stage literature.
- SEC (Securities and Exchange Commission) – SEC background and interpretive materials hot topics and literature updates. Rules, regulations and releases of the 1933 and 1934 Acts, Financial Reporting Releases, Accounting and Auditing Enforcement Releases, Staff Accounting Bulletins, Staff Legal Bulletins, Staff speeches, SEC releases of final and proposed rule changes; plus "SEC Practice" with extensive interpretations and electronic links including plain English summaries and Sarbanes-Oxley mandated SEC proposed and final rules.
- PCAOB (Public Company Accounting Oversight Board) Rules and regulations (proposed and final).
- IASB (International Accounting Standards Board) - Accounting standards and related proposal-stage literature.
In addition, an Accounting Research Manager EITF Flash Report is issued immediately after each EITF meeting.
Major Interpretive Publications
This is a link to industry-leading guidance on Business Combinations, Derivatives and Hedging, Leases, Compensation Arrangements, and Financial Assets and Liabilities.
- Accounting for Business Combinations, Goodwill, and Other Intangible Assets — Interpretations of FASB Statement 141 and 142
- Derivatives and Hedging — Interpretations of FASB Statement 133
- Accounting for Compensation Arrangements — Interpretations of FASB Statement 123
- Accounting for Leases — Interpretations of FASB Statement No. 13, As Amended
- Financial Assets and Liabilities: Sales, Transfers and Extinguishments — Interpretations of FASB Statement 125
Accounting Research Manager audit content covers auditing standards, attestation engagement standards, accounting and review services standards, audit risk alerts and other vital auditing-related guidance issued by the AICPA.
Users have access to the best-selling Miller GAAS Practice Manual, Miller Audit Procedures, Miller Compilations & Reviews, CPA's Guide to Effective Engagement Letters, CPA's Guide to Management Letter Comments and Miller GAAS Update Service. Users also can access to AICPA Accounting and Audit Guides and AICPA Professional Standards.
The most current developments in financial reporting are conveniently emailed to users at the end of each business week.
Additional Information and Free Trial
For pricing and additional information on Accounting Research Manager, call 1-800-872-2454 or send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. For a free trial, visit tax.cchgroup.com/ARMEdu.
About CCH Tax and Accounting
CCH Tax and Accounting (www.tax.cchgroup.com), based in Riverwoods, Ill., is a leading provider of tax, audit, and accounting information, software and services. It has served tax, accounting and business professionals and their clients since 1913. Among its market leading products are The ProSystem fx® Office, CCH® Tax Research NetWork™, Accounting Research Manager™ and the U.S. Master Tax Guide®. CCH Tax and Accounting is a Wolters Kluwer company (www.wolterskluwer.com). Wolters Kluwer is a leading multinational publisher and information services company. Wolters Kluwer has annual revenues (2003) of €3.4 billion, employs approximately 18,750 people worldwide and maintains operations across Europe, North America and Asia Pacific. Wolters Kluwer is headquartered in Amsterdam, the Netherlands.
-- ### --